Friday, May 12, 2006

Day Three

Things got a bit messed up today.

It was so busy at work, I just didn't have a chance to get out to my car and get the oil to take it before lunch. There just wasn't a spare moment. I would be stuck taking my full dosage of three tablespoons all at once in the evening. While the book doesn't specifically recommend that, Dr. Roberts has said in his forums that it shouldn't be a problem.

For lunch we went to a place that has a superb fish fry. This may be part of my problem with losing weight: we go to way too many places that have excellent food. It came with a cup of clam chowder and bread. I ate the clam chowder and one piece of bread, and honestly was pretty full at that point. I should have stopped, but when the fish came out it looked and smelled so good, I dug in. I ate the first piece of fish and about half the french fries, a little chunk off the second piece of fish, and skipped the coleslaw and tartar sauce. Not eating the entire meal was very different for me. I can always eat the whole fish fry! But I was very full. I really should have stopped after the soup and bread. I felt literally stuffed.

Honestly, three tablespoons of ELOO all at once this evening was kind of disgusting. I know I've written that the oil isn't that bad at all, but that was half this dose. That third tablespoon seemed really greasy and didn't go down as smoothly. My mouth stayed oily-tasting even after two glasses of water. I'll have to avoid that happening again, although it'll be difficult with my current work schedule. I can see a lot of mornings in the future during which it'll be hard finding the time to take the oil (we're always very busy in the morning).

Either I'll have to start skipping lunch to allow the two-hour window, or figure something else out. Maybe I can work out doing a dose when I get home from work and another before bed. Someway I want to avoid doing all three tablespoons at one time.

Since it's Day 3, I weighed myself: 189 pounds, a gain of two pounds. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm not discouraged yet. It's only been three days, and I've averaged 190 for so long that I'm right about at the no gain/no loss point. Maybe it'll take a bit longer for my body to respond (as the book suggests happens with some people).

I've certainly not had a consistent schedule with my oil intake so far. I have to figure out a schedule that works and stick to it somehow. Now it's the weekend, and I'm sure I'll have a hard time figuring out when to take the oil without a structured workday.

It's only the third day though. I'll get it worked out and I'm sure it'll become second nature before long.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Consistency made more of a difference to me than anything else.

Wish you luck.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home