Friday, July 07, 2006

Doubt Creeping In

Despite my lack of posting here, I have continued the diet. I've been very busy with work and family obligations, but I always find time to take my daily dose of ELOO.

Today's weigh-in: 196.2 pounds.

I'm not sure what's going on, but it doesn't seem to be having the effect it once did. My appetite is back, and seems to overwhelm any hunger-reducing effects of the ELOO intake.

I keep using this excuse, but maybe it's the weight lifting, replacing fat with muscle? I do feel a lot better physically strength-wise. But my belt isn't getting any looser and I kind of feel like I haven't been losing much at all in the waist.

Maybe I should try switching to sugar water? I've been enjoying the added benefits of the oil in the form of softer skin and hair, but the dieting benefit just seems to have trailed off, although I do remain pretty steady at around this weight. I can say that I haven't once exceeded 197 during this time, which is an accomplishment in itself, but I'm interested in losing more.

I know I should probably post for help in the forums at SethRoberts.net, but I've just been way busy lately and haven't really found the free time to do it. I think I'll most likely finish out my current huge jug of ELOO (it's almost gone) and then try the sugar water. It seems more of a pain to do, but something's got to give and I have confidence this diet has its merits after reading of all the people having success.

Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger rockyrook said...

I was really hungry one afternoon ... I mean *REALLY* hungry. But I didn't want to eat anything because I knew I was going to drink my ELOO. I didn't feel like taking it straight. So I put the 2 tbsp in a cup and then fill the rest of the cup with water. The hunger went away and I felt "full" for about 2 or 3 hours ... which is longer than if I had taken the ELOO straight. I've been meaning to test this on myself ... to see if taking the oil with the H2O helps me control that hunger. I think others are taking the ELOO with the H2O also. It might help you too.

3:04 PM  
Blogger The Fat Guy said...

Thanks for the comments Dr. Roberts and Rocky.

I hope Dr. Roberts doesn't mind if I address his comment in a separate blog posting.

Rocky: I have been taking the ELOO in water for quite a while now (I read that suggestion on the sethroberts.net forums) and I find it makes the oil a lot less "nasty" to take and does seem to make me fuller than oil alone. I've always taken a lot of water after the oil though, just to wash down the greasy feeling.
By the way I read your blog at least weekly and am encouraged by your progress.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home