Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hiatus Continued

It's been eleven days since I've taken in any oil.

My initial startling increase in appetite settled within a few days. Maybe it was just the shock of the sudden change? I'm not sure, but my cravings didn't last at the initial "oh my GOD I'm hungry" pace.

Today's weigh-in: 194.2 pounds.

Interesting. Eleven days without SLD and I actually LOST a couple pounds. What does this mean? I'm beginning to think that I'm one of the few for whom the diet doesn't work. I really wanted it to, and I've continued weight training and getting good exercise and watching what I eat. A minor bicep injury limited my weight training for the past few days, but I worked out all weekend and all last week.

I really need to rethink how I'm doing (or was doing) the diet. Maybe the switch to walnut oil will help. Maybe sugar water would make a difference. I just don't know right now. I think I'll continue and make it two weeks off of SLD and see where my weight is and decide what to do from there.

Any advice welcome on this. I hate to give it up, but if it isn't working, I'd only be continuing for the "soft skin/soft hair" benefits, and any possible health benefits of the oil, not for weight loss, which was my primary goal.

4 Comments:

Blogger J Weighty said...

It's been a month since this post -- I'm curious to hear what's happened. I've been off of SLD myself for over a month, and I'm still losing weight.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Well, the health benefit of reduced cholesterol, etc., is pretty solid.

Hope things keep working for you regardless of what you try.

6:27 AM  
Blogger applenooker said...

thanks for sharing your thoughts. Curious about trying the "diet" and it's nice to see other peoples thoughts, trials and tribulations. Thanks again.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Kayvan said...

How is it going for you now? I'm curious to hear what happened. I've started using the SLD recently to slide off a weight plateau I was on.

I hope it's all working out for you.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home